Saturday, 21 August 2010

Christmas Wishes...

Hi Susan here...

Today is the start of another great challenge over at 2 Sisters, we are being sponsored for this challenge by Stitchy Stamps and I Did it Creations Crafting Boutique. Two already successful stores have combined forces into one easy comfortable place to shop for all your digital needs. Be sure to check out the new store and while you're there take advantage of the great sale that is going on. The winner of this week's challenge will win 5 digital stamps of their choice from the stamp designers in the store. (This excludes the cross stitch patterns).

The theme for the challenge is this fantastic sketch designed by our very own Mary Demmons!!!! For full details of the challenge take a visit over at the 2 Sisters Challenge Blog. You have until Friday September 3rd and if you're in need of any inspiration then take a look at what the design team has on offer.

My backing papers are a mixture from Nitwits and Bev's gingham. I have distressed all edges and glittered with stickles, then mat and layered onto a deep red card. My ribbon and pearls are all from my local market.

My image is from Stitchy Bear Stamps and is designed by Sylvie, her name is Tinkerbella. I have coloured her in with Pro-Markers and gently inked the background of the topper before distressing and glittering the edges.

My sentiment was made on the computer, the font is called 'Edwardian Script', I distressed and glittered the edges and mat and layered onto a deep red card.

My flower was made using a five petal punch and I hand cut the holly leaves. All the edges and the brad in the center have been glittered with stickles.

These snowflakes are a die cut from Sizzix, I have glittered them with stickles, a small white punched snowflake and a star gem have been placed in the centers.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Thank you for taking the time to look at my card, I hope you liked it.

Love Susan

xxx

7 comments:

  1. Mam o Mam, this is my new favourite card made by you, I LOVE IT!!! It has an element of symmetry which I love but my favourite part of the card is your colour scheme, it may be red and green for Christmas but it's the darker end of the scale which makes it look very vintage.
    Your image is beautiful and I love how you have listed which font you use, I'm going to have a look for that one now on my comp!!
    You should be really proud of yourself Mam, you have a fantastic talent, I'm so proud of you.
    Love ya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan this is beautiful! I just love the layout of this card...and all that glitter is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beatiful card i love the colors and the image is so sweet
    Hugs Tineke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute image, and love all of the glittered elements! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work!!! Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with The Pink Elephant!!!

    Pink Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! Gorgeous snowflakes!
    Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi gorgeous christmas card, thanks for playing at SAM.Hugs Kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our blog. Your fabulous comments mean a lot to us both.
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx