Thursday, 12 August 2010

Hanging on for you....

Hi Susan here again....

Over at Digi Doodle Shops Best a new challenge has started today and the theme is 'Flowers', how easy is that!!! The challenge runs until Thursday 19th August, Emma and I are guest designers for the month of August, so please call across and join in the fun with the challenge.

There is lots of inspiration from the DT girls on the Digi Doodle Shops Best Challenge Blog and full details of the challenge can be found there. Our sponsor this time is Daisy Digi Doodles and they are offering a $10.00 Gift Certificate to spend in their store to the lucky winner.

Now back to my card.... I used an out of date sketch from Crazy 4 Challenges,I liked this one, simple but effective for what I wanted.

My backing papers are from Nitwits, I have distressed all the edges and glittered them with Stickles! The organza ribbon is from our local market. I tried to give a summery feel to the card with my colours and papers, this carried on with the image and the butterflies.

This cute little digi image is called Hanging on and can be bought from the Digi Doodle Store,

This is what it looks like in the store and you can find it by clicking on 'Animals categories', then 'On the fun side'.

I coloured it using Pro-Markers and then gently inked the background before distressing and glittering the edges.

The little butterflies I made using a punch, colouring them with Pro-Markers and then glittering with stickles.

My flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts, I glittered the edges with stickles.

The sentiment I made myself on the computer.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Thank you for taking the time to look at my card. I hope you liked it.

Love Susan

xxx

20 comments:

  1. Love this card, the images is adorable and you a great card maker :o)
    Hugs, Jóna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Susan, love the cute cat & those flowers are gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the sparkle! Thank you for playing with us over at PFOP and good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your card Susan ! Being a cat person I love it every time I see an image with a kitty on ! Gorgeous embellishments and very sweet sentiment too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a precious card! The kitty hanging on the branch staring at those beautiful butterflies is really sweet! Thanks for playing a long with Crafty Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job Susan. I just adore the colors you used, and am thrilled with how well you did this card! Great job hun.

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a gorgeous card! Love the image and the sentiment works sooo well! Love all your pretty embellishments - the sheer ribbon, the pearls the flowers and of course the butterflies - just fab! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great card Susan! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

    ~Courtney~
    PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, your card is absolutely adorable! I love this image and have been playing with it myself! I love all the details you've added... butterflies, beautiful flowers and those pearls!
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Girly card!! Thanks for joining us at the Creative card crew. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  12. very lovely coloring dear Susan and adorable images you have choose...love your bow so adorable...GREAT CARD !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again you have bowled me over with your spectacular artwork!!! The glitter is a lovely touch!!!

    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a cute little kitty and that sentiment is perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really pretty Ladies! Love this cards!

    Greetings,
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mam this is gorgeous. The colours are really soft and gentle and your butterflies are fab, you made and coloured them yourself??? Wow, you're so clever!
    I love the image and that organza bow is beauuuutiful!! Your group of flowers looks like a little bunch has just jumped straight out of the image, it's very well thought out.
    Love ya xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so lovely Susan, thanks for joining creative card crew,
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful!!
    thank you for joining Digital Tuesday this week!
    enjoy your wknd!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just fabulous Susan! So happy that you are a Guest Designer this month at DDSB! My Mom and I are on a DT together and it's so much fun!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh WOW! I LOVE everything about your card. Thank you for entering it in this weeks Digital Tuesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our blog. Your fabulous comments mean a lot to us both.
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx