Tuesday, 10 August 2010

No place like home......

Hi Susan here....this has to be one of my favourite digi images from Daisy Doodles.

I used an old sketch from Pear Tree Designs, I loved it. My backing papers are from Nitwits. I have distressed all the edges and mat and layered onto a piece of plain brown card from Basic Grey that I also distressed.

The butterfly is called a 'fly sticker' we have had these stickers for ages, they have a holographic surround, but I never really liked this so I have trimmed it off.

This gorgeous little digi image is from Daisy Doodles Shop and is called Birdhouse and comes with its own label!! I used Pro-Markers to colour it in and gently inked the background before distressing the edges and mat and layering it onto a piece of plain brown Basic Grey cardstock. I have added a little glitter to the butterflies on the stem.

My double sided satin ribbon is from our local market. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. All pearls and gems are from our local market.

This is the other part of the stamp set 'Birdhouse', I have glittered the two little butterflies in the centre and put glossy accents on the 'screws'. I gently inked the background to match the topper and distressed the edges then mat and layered onto brown cardstock from Basic Grey as before.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Thank you for taking the time to look at my card, I hope you liked it.

Love Susan

xxx

17 comments:

  1. Seriously gorgeous! I love the image and your details are stunning! The butterfly is lovely!

    hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning card Susan ! I love the image too, it's so sweet ! Love the way you have "framed" it with the flowers... Exquisite ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Susan! Thanks for joining us again at Penny's. Good Luck!

    ~Courtney~
    PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card love the image and design those flowers are beautiful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this (I am a HUGE fan of country crafts lol)
    Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. :) thanks for playing with DC.

    Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mam you've got it spot on with this wonderful creation, there truly is no place like home. Your beautiful embellishments really make this card stand out and even makes the card feel 'homely'!! I really love your layout and the papers are stunning. My favourite part is your sentiment, it's so very pretty.
    Loadsa love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is just beautiful. Thanks for joining in with us at Incy Wincy Designs. Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous card love the image and design those flowers are beautiful.
    Tineke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Susan

    Lovely card, great colours and flowers.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card. I love the butterfly and flowers and the way you have decorated the sentiment. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is gorgeous. This layout is so pretty with the bow down the center! I will have to try that out...as I just love it! I hope you don't mind! Your flowers are beautifully done surrounding the bottom of the card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh dear what a sweet Images and lovely flowers on your card...dear I see weird something on your blog....all the patchwork behind is covered your writing..I cant read your words dear...please checking it Emma n Susan...hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. STUNNING!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a gorgeous card Susan!! I love your choice of beautiful papers and wonderful details, the image is so sweet too. Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our blog. Your fabulous comments mean a lot to us both.
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx