Thursday, 26 August 2010

A punch, a punch, I needed a punch!!!!

Hi Susan here again....

A new challenge has begun today at Cute Card Thursday, and the theme is 'Dieing for a Punch', that means no die-cuts, no nesties, no punches to be used!! Come on and join in the fun with this challenge, its not scary, it just means you use your decorative scissors and paper trimmers, you would be surprised at what you can still produce. If you are really short on inspiration, call across at the Cute Card Thursday Blog and take a look at the fabulous creations the design team has produced, you will be able to get the full details of the challenge there as well.

Our sponsor for this challenge is The Stamp Shoppe, their stamps are gorgeous please go and check out their store.

For my card I used a sketch from Card Patterns, I loved it for its simplicity. My backing paper is from a Crafters Companion CD called Christmas Collection. All my card is from The Paper Mill Shop. All the edges have been distressed and glittered with stickles. The snowflake brads are from my stash.

This must be one of my favourite stamps from Pollycraft, its a digi image and he is called Bronson and Beaker Star Gazing. I have used Pro-Markers and chalks to colour the image and then gently inked the background. I have mat and layered onto several different cards and distressed or ripped all edges and glittered with stickles.

The sentiment was made on my computer, using the font 'Edwardian Script'. The edges have been distressed and glittered.

My stars were hand drawn then cut out with scissors, the edges have been glittered and fastened together with silver brads.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Thank you for taking the time to look at my card, I hope you liked it.

Love Susan

xxx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Ladies Great Card, thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week, hope to see you back tomorrow for the next challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. The different blues blend so well together. Your little bear is so cute and looks to be deep in thought. With your stars, snowflake and sentiment you have the perfect card for our challange.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful creation ... love that image! Thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute image, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring and layout!
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas card. Love all these stars. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet image - wonder what if he's looking for Santa? Had to highlight your post to read the writing as it's difficult to read against your patterned background. Thanks for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love him! I have this image but I haven't used him yet - I can't wait to now I've seen your beautiful card!


    Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss and I hope you can join us to give us some more inspiration for the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Mam.
    I like your alternative Christmas colours, very frosty and gorgeous.
    Your image is lovely and you've coloured him so well. Love your stars too, very modern and stylish.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute..........thanks for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  11. perfectly darling! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable.. That image is to cute.. well done on cutting those stars out... Thanks for joinging us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a cute image and darling card. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle and Shine challenge at Creative Card Crew! Peggy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our blog. Your fabulous comments mean a lot to us both.
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx