Thursday, 5 August 2010

Sweet Dreams...

Hi there, Emma here!

Its a brand new challenge today over at Cute Card Thursday, our theme for this one is 'Whateva'. How easy is that?!!! Full details of the challenge can be found HERE! Our sponsor for this challenge is Digital Delights, and the winner gets a $10.00 Gift Certificate!

I wanted to give my card a vintage feel because this image is perfect for this style. I used an old sketch from Simon Says, because it was one I really liked. My papers are a mixture from my stash and I have inked, distressed and glittered all edges...

...My adorable image is called 'Sweet Dreams' by Penny Johnson, and I have coloured her with Promarkers and chalks and I added some stickles to the stars and candle...

...My gorgeous flowers are from Wild Orchid and I have glittered them all up, my beautiful lace, ribbon and bead trim are all from our local market...

... I did the sentiment on the computer and glittered the edges.

Challenges I am entering with this card:

Thankyou for looking!

Big hugs

Emma xxx

14 comments:

  1. This is stunning Emma. I love the colour combination and your lace is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

    ~Courtney~
    PPCC D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what a cute card Emma. The image is so sweet and you have coloured her so beautifully!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you ladies create is like gold. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This is simply stunning.. And that lace is beautiful.. very lovely work as always..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous creation Emma!! Love the pretty papers again and the glitter looks so pretty!!! Cute image as well!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so charming. Everything on it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so adorable Emma, wonderful details.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emma, this is so gorgeous, the image is very sweet and I love your gillter edge effect on the tag, super cute!

    Hugs,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card - the image is coloured beautifully and the lace is very glam!

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

    Crafty Creations by AJ
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning card Emma ! The image is soooooo sweet and your lace is to die for ! Everything is perfect and gorgeous as usual ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. another beautiful card! Thanks for joining in with the challenge this week over at One Stitch at a Time Challenge blog and hope to see you again soon! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Another superb card! LOVE your work! All of the embellishments are absolutely perfect!

    So glad you could join us at OSAAT again! Hope you'll be back for next weeks challenge as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I say this about every card but this is my new favourite! I adore this card and loved it even more when I saw it up close when I came round to see you. The pearl swirl in the corner is my favourite part of the card because it travels over the different depths of backing papers, making it look 3D. I adore the little girl in the image and the lace and distressing gives this card a perfect vintage feel. As always your arrangement of flowers is beautiful and I adore the bow and pins.
    I don't know whether anyone else thinks this but I still cant get over how talented you both are, you make cards that I would never imagine could actually be made because they are always so visually stunning, they really are pieces of art to be cherished if you are lucky enough to receive one.
    Love ya Sis xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our blog. Your fabulous comments mean a lot to us both.
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx