Thursday, 12 August 2010

Tree-mendous.....

Hi Susan here....

Its Thursday and that means that over at Cute Card Thursday we have a new challenge to get your juices flowing with inspiration!!!!!!! The theme this week is called 'Tree-mendous' and simply means that we want to see trees on your creations. There is lots of inspiration for you to see from the DT girls over on the Challenge Blog so take a visit and join in the fun!!!!

Our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp, and they are offering a $25 prize up for grabs!!!

Now back to my card....I have used a sketch that was from Lili of the Valley Challenge Blog and was designed by Bev Rochester. She designs the most stunning sketches and always gives me lots of inspiration for my cards when I use them. Thank you Bev!!

My backing papers are a mixture, the patterned paper is from Nitwits, this prints off my printer in a beautiful deep burnt red colour, the distressed plain brown one at the back is from Colorbok, its a scrap pack called Neutral, these papers are amazing, I like lots of colours but these colours are among my favourits. I distressed all the edges.

The border I made myself using a stamp from a Kanban set called Garden Vistas - Autumn Silhouettes, and the scalloped edge was done on my Crafters Companion Ultimate Pro. The beautiful checked ribbon is from my local market.

The tree is another stamp from the Kanban Garden Vistas - Autumn Silhouettes set, I printed it using a brown ink, I gently coloured the background using the same ink. Then I decorated it with pearls from our local market. I stitched the topper to a scalloped mat of deep burnt red card.

This tiny owl image is also part of the set from Kanban, I chalked this image for a soft effect, then I gently inked the background and mat and layered it onto a scalloped piece of burnt red card to match the main image.

These beautiful flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the large daisy flowers look so vintage, just right for my card.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Thank you for taking the time to look at my card, I hope you liked it.

Love Susan

xxx

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Susan ! I love the victorian look... The warm colours, the sweet stamped images and your stunning embellishments make this card just amazing ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous card Susan! Thanks for playing along with us again at Penny's. Good Luck!

    ~Courtney~
    PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card...love all the fab flowers and pretty embellishments...love the double knot on your ribbon (might try that!!)....great images...love the pearl accents in the tree! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute card, I love monochrome!
    Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge this time!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love all your elements and might have to go getme some of those daisies too. Thanks for joining us again at Penny's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Love your creation...fab fave colours! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky....good luck!! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mam this is wonderful. I love the natural inspired colour scheme, it's so pretty. Your images, papers, flowers and ribbons are fantastic but my favourite part of this beauty has to be your border, it's gorgeous. I love how simple yet effective it is. Another fantastically designed and made card Mam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally forgot to mention how much I adore your stitching around your main image, this is one of my favourite ways of decorating cards, how could I forget to mention that!!! It really adds something so different to the card and shows how much effort you both put into every aspect of your cards.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our blog. Your fabulous comments mean a lot to us both.
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx