Thursday, 9 September 2010

Sending Tweet Wishes......

Hi Susan here....

Today over at Cute Card Thursday we have a new challenge starting and the theme is 'Play on Words', this simply means your sentiment should 'mimic' your image, like a bunny image with a "Some Bunny Loves You", or a hippo image with "Hippo Birthday", you get the idea, you can find full details of the challenge and plenty of inspiration from the design team on the Cute Card Thursday Challenge Blog.

Our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp, and they are offering the lucky winner of this challenge....wait for it.......$25.00 voucher to spend in their store, WOW! Now thats worth entering the challenge for isn't it!!!!

For my card, I have designed my own sketch to use this time, my backing papers are from Nitwits, I distressed all the edges with Tim Holtz distressing inks to age them. The little doily I gently coloured with the same distressing ink. My pin that I added extra pearls to and my ribbon and pearls I bought from our local market.

The punched border was made using a Multi Shaper, AllDeco Punch,

This darling little rubber stamp is from 'Crafty Individuals', I coloured it with Pro-Markers and chalks. It is number 'CL-193'. I love their stamps they are so 'vintage' and arty.

My flowers are a mix, the large one I made myself using some of the backing paper and a five petal punch, and a lot of patience!!!! The smaller ones are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

My 'Play on Words' sentiment was made on the computer.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Thank you for taking the time to look at my card, I hope you liked it.

Love Susan

xxx

16 comments:

  1. such a tweet card! love the image and sentiment, gorgeous! hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    This is gorgeous! I love all the detail, especially the doily.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love cards like this that has a cute play on words and this is a gorgeous creation too! Yummy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely card. I love the image and how you decorated the card, and off course: the colours! Added myself as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Susan this is absolutely stunning. Love that gorgeous image and those sweet little flowers. The colours are absolutely beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month. Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Susan this is beautiful I love that image so much maybe because I am an animal and nature lover, I love watching the birds in the garden. I adore those papers and the distressing a fabulous aged look the sentiment is perfect thank you so much for sharing this with us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Love the image and wonderful colours and flowers!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is absolutely beautiful i love it and i really like the flower you made xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Susan... WOW! I LOVE this big flower that YOU made, so lovely. Wish I had the patience!Your image is very sweet, nicely colored with beautiful shading & contrast. Love the doily, the pearls and bow, it adds such a delicate detail to your work. Lovely colors and papers.Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning to you both,

    What a really special card.

    The colours are so rich adn lots of pretty elements of intertest.

    Thank you for joining us at Penny Black at Allsorts and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww, this is sooo tweeeet!!! Love the punny sentiments and everything is just utterly gorgeous, from the flowers and colours to the image, just lovely!!
    hugs, stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card Susan, gorgeous colours and embellies.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful, Susan! Lovely colors and great detail!
    Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Distressing challenge!
    Dee (Spryte)
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous creation Mam.
    I have always liked this stamp of yours, I have a few of your masterpieces that you have used this stamp on before, they're way too special to give away though!!
    Your flower is beautiful and so real, love it. Your backing paper and border are brill and I love how 'old' the doily looks, it actually looks crocheted to me, not paper!
    Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMM...this card is yummy, the rich colors and attention to datail! Love wor work!
    Thank you for sharing at Sir stampalot this month
    and good luck!
    Lina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our blog. Your fabulous comments mean a lot to us both.
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx