Friday, 1 October 2010

Autumn Birthday...

Hi there Susan here....

Over at Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog it is the turn of Group B to show you some inspiration for the ongoing challenge, the theme is to use a fantastic sketch by our very own Mindy,  you still have a week to join in the fun with us and have a chance of winning a $10.00 Gift Certificate from Bunny Zoes our sponsor for this challenge. For full details call across to the Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog and while you're there take a look at all the inspiration from the Design Team.

For my card I wanted an autumn feel and choose colours of golden yellow, browns, creams, deep red and peach.  My backing papers are a mixture, the flowery one is from Nitwits and the beautiful autumn scene is from  a Create and Craft CD. All edges have been distressed.

This beautiful little lady is a digi image from The Stamping Boutique and she is called 'Sitting Audrey', I love these images, they are so adorable and so easy to colour and cut out. I sat her on top of the scalloped border to look like she was sitting in the middle of that beautiful scene at the back of her. I used Pro-Markers to colour her in.

My sentiment was made on the computer and the ribbon and pearls and from our local market.

The beautiful cream and peach coloured flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the leaves I cut out using several punches and coloured them to look like autumn leaves, the maple leaves I added glossy accents to them, before trailing them around the center scene.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-


Thank you for taking the time to look at my card, I hope you liked it.
Love Susan
xxx


9 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Thanks for sharing with us at PIO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the autumnal shades and the flowers are gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Card Crew this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, I am so loving the image, papers and colours those flowers look beautiful, this is wonderful creativity and inspiration at it's best.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!Love how you've created a background.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan! Adorable image, poor little thing, she seems cold and uncertain sitting there! Very lovely coloring. Nice paper and fall colors.
    Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. thanks for joining us @ PTD again this week. good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. O wow Mam, I saw this card halfway through making it, the finished item looks outstanding.
    I love the falling maple leaves and how you've perched Audrey on your border. This is such a precious card. From the colours to the fab layout, everything is just perfect.
    My new favourite from you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. An other gorgeous card. Thanks playing along with TT this week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan love the printed image on the background of your card it's fabulous love Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our blog. Your fabulous comments mean a lot to us both.
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx