Sunday, 7 November 2010

Happy Holidays.......

Hi Susan here....

It is an exciting post for me today, because this is my first card for  the Sentimental Sundays design team. I hope you will join in the fun with us all and call across to the Sentimental Sundays Challenge Blog for the full details of the challenge that has started today and also to see all the wonderful inspiration from the design team. Sketch for challenge
The theme is a sketch and I am sure you will agree it is a great workable sketch, with loads of scope for interpretation, thanks to our very own Dorcas who designed it.

Now for my card... My backing papers are from Nitwits, and all the edges have been distressed and glittered with stickles. My ribbon is from my local market and matched perfectly the little snowflakes on my backing papers. I made the snowflakes using a sizzix die and adding stickles around all the edges. I used a diamond shaped Martha Stewart punch for the blue border behind the ribbon.

This ever so cute image is from The Stamping Bazaar, designed by Marina Neira, he is called 'Little Elf with Present'. I have used Pro-Markers to colour him, I cut him out carefully and then mat and layered him onto three coloured pieces of card to match the colours in the backing papers, all edges have been distressed and glittered.

This beautiful sentiment is from Raindrop Echo Designs, I coloured the background to match my colour scheme and glittered the edge. Please check out this store, the sentiments are absolutely out of this world, there is something there for every situation and more!!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-


Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my card and leave your comments, I hope you liked it.
Love Susan
xxx


18 comments:

  1. What a delicious card Susan ! This little chappy is so cute ! Love this sentiment too and the ribbon is so sweet ! Hugs and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card i love the colours and the image is very cute
    Hugs Tineek

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the little image, and the pretty snowflakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is such a cool character and a fabulous card design. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a darling image, He is sooo cute. Wonderful layout. Love your card. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Goof luck on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. he is soooo cute and colours amazingly well too, love the big snowflakes you have added to this make.



    good luck in the challenges.

    Sarah-Louise xx
    tiggertastic blog
    (CPF - DT), (CCC - DT) & (BMD - DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card again ... thanks for joining us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, such a precious card! I love the papers used. thanks for playing the critter sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful Christmas card, I love the snowflakes sprinkled all over the card lol ;) Hugs, Joanna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute! His cute little face made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I must say this is a cute one.. Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous creation from you Mam. Love the cute little image and how you've cut him out so carefully. Your colour scheme is really sophisticated! I loooove the sentiment too. Great plaid paper in the background.
    Great job Mam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cutie and so enjoyed scrolling through your work to get here! You are one busy and talented lady!!! I love your work so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that little elf is just so cute! I love it!

    ♥ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfectly adorable! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous Christmas creation. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good Luck
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting our blog. Your fabulous comments mean a lot to us both.
Love and hugs
Emma and Susan
xxx